cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my blackberry bold 9900 has been freezing on me for the past 2 days and i would like it to get replaced if possible as its been happening quite frequently and i need it to work specifically now. so is there any chance i could come in on saturday and get it replaced please

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

If you have had it less than 14 days then yes, however if you have had it longer than that your options are to send it away for repair or book an appointment with your closest O2 Guru who can perform either a software update or software reinstallation to try and fix the issue. Book online at http://guru.force.com

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

If you have had it less than 14 days then yes, however if you have had it longer than that your options are to send it away for repair or book an appointment with your closest O2 Guru who can perform either a software update or software reinstallation to try and fix the issue. Book online at http://guru.force.com

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup,

As a previous owner of a 9900 who never had any problems with it I would advise connecting it to a computer, opening BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer and checking to see if there is a software update available for the phone.

Always running the most up to date software is advisable to improve performance, etc.

However, have you tried simply pulling the battery out and putting it back in? Its a well known BlackBerry fix for pretty much everything Smiley Very Happy

And just to prove how good the 9900 is, I dropped it in the toilet back in January and its still going strong without any problems even now one of my friends has been using it since March.

Message 3 of 3