Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade

Nwa360518
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have 2 phones on my O2 account, one for myself and one for my son. I want to upgrade my son's phone as a Christmas present but I am worried that O2 might send a confirmation text to his phone number and spoil the surprise. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

Thanks

Neil

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149514 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Nwa360518 

Unfortunately not.

This question crops up every year, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Nwa360518
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply MI5

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149514 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

No worries @Nwa360518 

The only way around it is to buy a new phone outright from somewhere like Amazon etc.

Your son can just continue using his current sim in the new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Nwa360518 

Samsung have some reasonable offers on their website currently - including discounts and payment by installments.   

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149514 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

Assuming they want a Samsung phone?

Same can be said for Apple or Google etc but I'm sure @Nwa360518 is smart enough to figure it out without needing to be told.

Message 6 of 8

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Well of course @MI5, but it is just a suggestion for @Nwa360518 of what is out there. 😀

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149514 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

How did we ever cope!

Message 8 of 8