cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought my Samsung Galaxy6 from 02 on January 4th 2016. I was on pay monthly and have never had an issue but purely for consolidation and given the end of my contract (2 years) I transferred my phone account with 2 phones to BT. No problems with my wife's but my phone will not unlock and 02 keep "escalating" the matter which means a delay of a week. I am still no nearer and between the local 02 Shop and myself I am fairly sure, the phone is now unlock able. When I spoke to BT I was told that the call previous to mine  was about exactly the same problem now 20 days ago.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what I can do?

scoutjf

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hoe to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
but if you've entered the wrong code too many times it will be permanently locked.

It's not clear from your post though if you have incorrect codes or not?

Have you tried your BT sim in it to see if it works?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hoe to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
but if you've entered the wrong code too many times it will be permanently locked.

It's not clear from your post though if you have incorrect codes or not?

Have you tried your BT sim in it to see if it works?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Did you get the phone directly from O2 or through a third party such pa's CPW?if so it will probably be unlocked already. If you received a code(s) was it the same code. 

Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous sorry to hear you're having trouble with unlocking. 😞 Please do check the above questions in case the community could advice in more detail? slight_smile Hope it gets sorted for you soon.

Message 4 of 4