Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 1: Joiner

Phone unlock

It has taken 2 weeks so far for O2 to unlock my phone and still no code, even after numerous staff telling me it would be with me within 48 hours. I'm now stuck in Australia without a phone I am still paying for but can't use!!! Anyone else stuck with this problem?!!
Topics: 688

Re: Phone unlock

Hi @louisa_stimson

There have been major problems with unlocking for some weeks now.

I will tag our community managers @Marjo and @Martin-O2 to see if they can help.

The guide for unlocking is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...though it appears you have tried all this.?

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

There has been a big problem this last couple of months with unlocking. @EmilieT has been helping out. I'll also mention @Martin-O2 and @Marjo to see if they can get the guru to assist. Check your messages tomorrow.

Thank You, I have tried everything and appreciate o2 have had delays but their customer service staff on the phone and online are giving false information!

So many calls and live chats and still nothing. Really not cool.

Thanks
Level 64: Magistrate

@louisa_stimson The unlock issue has been a major problem for some time now, and O2 have dropped the ball on this one. Admin has been tagged in another post, but if they cannot help, you'll just have to persevere with customer service, as fruitless as that may seem at the moment. If it still ends up in failure after trying again, you can lodge a formal complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

It amazes me how O2 cannot unlock phones and customers have to resort to the community for help. The fact that gurus can unlock phones after Intervention from admin is a terrible indictment of o2 and adds so much stress for customers for what should be a simple request.

Wow!! I am now being told that any charges that occur from having to turn my phone off aeroplane mode will be cut by 50 percent.
I shouldn't be paying anything here?! This fault doesn't lie with me so why should i be racking up roaming charges because O2 can't get a move on and unlock my phone!!
Highlighted
Community Manager

You're still stuck @louisa_stimson? I'll drop you a PM here on the forum shortly to get a few additional details and we can get this looked at for you!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature