Did you mean: 

Phone swap

Gillian1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I still got a bit to pay on my phone but I want to swap to a better model, I want to swap my iPhone 8 to a Samsung s20
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Gillian1 

You need to pay off what you owe on device plan and then you are free to upgrade Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Gillian1 

I'm no iPhone fan but would think very seriously about changing to the S20.

We have seen so many complaints about it on here. One of our members @SamsungFanBoy has recently downgraded his to the S10+ as he wasn't happy with his S20.

Entirely your choice of course.. though I would try and read some reviews about it first.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@Cleoriff is right @Gillian1 - I wouldn't recommend switching to the S20 at all. The S10 range is cheaper and performs much better. The S20 is nothing short of a disaster as it just doesn't really deliver on any of it's promises. The battery might be bigger on the S20+ compared to the S10+ but it doesn't last anywhere near as long! I'm getting on average an extra 6 hours a day more battery life from the S10+ compared to the S20+ which is what I need. The S20 range comes with seriously bad speakers. This has been well documented by hundreds of users over on the Samsung Community, they are too quiet and tinny sounding. The dolby atmos feature doesn't work because the speakers are of such low quality. The phone call speaker sounds tinny so even your HD voice calls sound naff. The camera is good but it isn't brilliant as it promises, the S10+ camera works just as well. I personally don't like that they removed the edge screen either, it's what made the phones unique. All in all, I wouldn't call the S20 an upgrade from the S10. It seems a bit of a downgrade to me.
Message 4 of 4