Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stolen

Blunds
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Upgrade was due 2nd March but DPD failed to knock the door, when parcel was delivered the following day the parcel contained a stapler... 

Evidently the first delivery driver has stolen the phone and substituted it, there is evidence of this within the parcel when there is a tear inside and the label has been replaced. I have had over 7 calls with 02 but feel I am being fobbed off, with the original investigation closed down with DPD but no response or progress as to how to proceed, so the investigation was reopened. I was told complaints would call me within 48hours, this was last Thursday and still no call! 
Getting bored of calling 02 and getting past around multiple departments and being left on hold whilst they read the thread of my complaint. Is there a more effective method of settling this dispute? I have emailed twice with no response and have contacted the online chat, but the team don't seem to be answering what is happening and I am currently paying a 36month contract for a piece of stationary!! Any advice on how to proceed?? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@JanDan wrote:

I most definitely won’t be fobbed off. I am not paying £70 per month for a phone I did not receive. But if someone from DPD is stealing, I want them to be dealt with. And I will do everything I can this person is caught.

@JanDan 

Best of luck to you. Hope it's sorted soon x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

Blunds
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im in Bristol

Sorry to hear you have had the same scam. You need to battle with 02 who will chase DPD but its a slow process and you have to keep on to them as they are hopeless. Im still owed £30 but they did finally accept I never received the phone and 02 claimed through DPD and then cancelled my contract. Im currently moving to a new supplier, 02 customer service is shocking and customers deserve better after care from them

Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Blunds 

I'm pleased to hear this matter is eventually 'sorted' for you (even if O2 still owe you £30.)

I can only presume, after constant nudging from you, O2 did the right thing. Thanks for posting here. I'll tag @JanDan so they can see this last response from you.

O2 should be taking a long hard look at the couriers they use in certain areas!

Best of luck with your new supplier.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7544 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

The slightly ironic thing @Cleoriff is that I think that most people would regard DPD as being one of the more reliable courier firms ; they usually seem to do OK in customer surveys. 

Of course, you are assuming that the packet had a 'phone in it when it was passed to DPD. 👍

Message 14 of 14