Did you mean: 

Phone still locked to 02. DISGRACE!!!!!

JakeGrinnell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all

Its now been two weeks i have had no use of my phone due to 02s terrible service. The so called Gurus on the online chat have fed me lie after lie sending me on a merry go round to get this fixed.

Im in Germany i cant even call my family unless i am on a wifi connection, its a complete joke and they have done nothing about it. The code they give me simply does not work. They said they escalated this i got a message saying i see this issue is now closed can you confirm... WHATTTTTT.

02 has made my life a lot harder last two weeks and i have no idea when its going to end. I cant keep going without a phone im close to breaking and buying a new one but im so stubborn i just cant bring myself to do it.

I see loads of other people have had the same issue please tell me theres a fix????

Thanks
Jake
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All we can do is tag @Martin-O2 @Marjo or @EmilieT to help you on Monday.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

JakeGrinnell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its a complete joke this phone i paid 600 pound for in total and its basically a useless brick at the minute and the lack of knowledge in that guru team is frightening. If you could see the conversations would make your eyes water
Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Lots of people having the same problems with unlocking. It's been ongoing ever since O2 started selling all phones unlocked. Almost as if they don't think they need an unlocking service anymore!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another service they dumped & didn’t think anything about what might happen 

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JakeGrinnell Yes it's pretty appalling that this issue, which has been going on for several months now, hasn't been resolved. Not a whiff of an apology from O2 either. Wait until Monday to see if admin can sort your problem out. If it doesn't, use this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

JakeGrinnell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had gurus telling me

You dont need the 02 sim

You need the 02 sim or it wont work (one of these was a manager apparently)

Multiple say contact Samsung we cant do anything else now!!!!!!.. which wasted more of my time and infuriated me even more

I want compensation regardless my conversation history clearly shows the lack of knowledge and ability in that team. I think ive spoke to them over ten times. One even had the cheek to give me a phone number to call even though i dont have a phone LOLLLLL

Jake

Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JakeGrinnell I'd be very surprised if O2 offers compensation to anyone, as this has affected hundreds, if not more, but once your phone is unlocked it wouldn't hurt to ask. As said, wait until the community admin try to help on Monday before doing anything. They seem to have had some success in getting some phones unlocked.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the tag @MI5

@JakeGrinnell I've replied to your message so please get back to me when you can. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 11

JakeGrinnell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin

I have now responded. I will have wifi access for the next few hours while i am at work so should be able to reply quickly. I am desperate so your help is appreciated so much.

Thanks

Jake

Message 10 of 11