Did you mean: 

Phone randomly barred for some reason

ay0ub24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

For some reason I have recieved a text the other day saying that my phone has been barred until I pay my recent charges of around £300. Which is perfectly fine in my case as I've never missed my payment on my contract.

However they are now demanding full payment way before my contract and thankfully customer services removed the bars for the time being but said it could be reapplied automatically. 

Why have I been barred firstly and secondly why am I being forced to make a payment immediatly instead of my usual time on the 21st by direct debit? 

Regarding this I have made a payment of £100 to the account and previously last month I accidently made an over payment which left me with a positive balance of £33, so in total around £133 was made to this day.

I told o2 several times that I will honour my payment plan that I proposed that was £120 this week and the rest by direct debit but why is that not allowed and being told that I must make the full payment straight away? 

I would never borrow money in which I can't afford to pay back and I think it's just outrages that I wake up to my phone barred a couple of days ago for no reason what so ever and I've not fallen behind on the debt and that my payment was not due until the 21st of this month which is nearly 2 weeks. 

I just dont understand this and needed some assistance

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

ay0ub24
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
See this is what I don't understand. All my payments the past two years have been made on time. From what i gathered on the phone is that they say I've been spending more than normal. Which I did in turn ask if that was okay before it was used and they said that was fine.

So I don't know why they would suspect 'unusual activity' on my behalf as I've asked permission before I spent if that was okay and I was told it was.

What's confusing me is how they are referring to this and looks to me they are saying I haven't done this before but shown on my previous bills I have done this many time in the past couple of years and paid it back full when it came in through my direct debit.
Message 21 of 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It does look as if O2 have their own opinions on what has happened and unless @ay0ub24 has anything in writing to confirm his/her actions I doubt they will get anywhere.

Nothing more to be said really as none of us on here have any access to the ops account so it's all guesswork on our part...

Edited for spelling!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 32

ay0ub24
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Screenshot_20180403-032208_My O2.jpgI do have a screenshot of the add on bolt on which was agreed by o2 which increased my limit.
This allowed me to go over my normal limit for a period of 1 month as agreed with o2. If I had a way to upload the screenshot I would post it here for yous to see.

Message 23 of 32

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The bolt on is there, plain as day!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You found a way of uploading it @ay0ub24. Good...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 32

ay0ub24
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I believe that should be suffient evidence to support my claim. If they had a problem with it then they wouldn't have given me that extra credit limit increase.
Message 26 of 32

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I agree......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 32

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As I said in my first post, it's very strange. To me, it would seem that they are worried about what you are using the extra credit for. They need to be more specific or you could find the phone blocked at any time in the future. 

For whatever reason, someone at O2 in accounts or the fraud department is concerned. I would write and ask them for their exact concerns then you can put them straight.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this because their reply to you is far to vague. Keep us updated please.

Message 28 of 32

ay0ub24
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've decided to send this further due to the fact of myself explaining myself all I got was the exact same reply. So I'm uploading everything.
Message 29 of 32

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do keep us updated please.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 32