Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Dan40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I ported my number to my new phone but on the o2app it still has my old number but when I make calls it has my new number will it change and will my bill be paid correctly??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Hi, welcome to O2 & the O2 Community! slight_smile

I had this problem when I switched from EE. In the My O2 app, go to 'Manage your account', then 'view all', then, 'Manage my details', then 'My O2 Products & Services' and finally 'Bring in products'. You can add your number from your previous provider there.

If that doesn't work for you, contact customer care on 202 or send a direct message on Twitter and O2 will be able to sort that out for you.

Hope that helps & have a great day! slight_smile
Message 2 of 4

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
And also yes your bill will still be paid correctly if it's under direct debit. You just need to update your phone number in the app. slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Dan40 

Your phone number is critical to your account and it should change immediately the number port has completed.

First thing to do is delete the app from your phone and reboot to clear your cache, then reload the app and see if it now shows the correct number. 

If not, call customer service to get your account checked Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4