Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Phone number isn't transferring to O2?

I called Vodafone, asked for my PAC Code and they gave it to me. The day following, I called O2 and asked to switch networks whilst holding onto my number.

Yesterday I recieved a text saying my current network would go down at 10am, and O2 would be working by 6pm at the latest, and to keep turning it off and on periodically until it 'displayed O2'.

It's been a full fourteen hours since 6pm - everytime I turn on my phone with the O2 sim in it shows me the Vodafone startup it's always had (red exploding through white to the Vodafone logo) and then asks me for a Network unlock code.

Is it supposed to do this?
Should I just wait longer?
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

you asked for a pac code to move networks but your handset is still locked to vodafone need to ask vodafone to unlock the handset to any network.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Before asking for the PAC I asked for a Network Unlock code from Vodafone but they said it would take two weeks for one to come in for my phone model.

Then I asked for the PAC instead, cause they could give it to me straight away.

So do I have to wait TWO WEEKS without ANY phone connection at all now? Or are you talking about something different?

yes you need to wait for the network unlock code.

you needed that first.

So unless you get another vodafone payg sim you will be without your phone untill the code arrives. You should have not used the pac code untill the handset was network unlocked.

Or get a cheep o2 payg handset and put your sim in that.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

The sim's been deactivated, and nobody told me I needed both Network Unlock code AND the PAC.
To me, that's bad customer services, so I'll file a complaint.

Thanks for your advice, though.
Anonymous

The sim's been deactivated, and nobody told me I needed both Network Unlock code AND the PAC.
To me, that's bad customer services, so I'll file a complaint.
Thanks for your advice, though.

Complaint about what? It's not your phone providers job to run your life correctly for you! :womanindifferent: :womanindifferent:
Anonymous

I'm not here to argue with you.
I'd be complaining about the fact that I wasn't given a proper explanation of how to switch (which is odd, considering I would have thought they'd LIKE me to switch) even when I brought up the fact that my phone was locked.

According to customer services, I just needed a PAC code, and that the network would be unlocked when the sim switched.
Obviously that was incorrect advice.

THAT is what I'm complaining about, and I really don't think you're in any position to stop me?

####
Anonymous

They have switched you, you can use your sim in any phone that is not locked to your old network. They did what you asked.

[ Edited ]
http://tinyurl.com/5qlllp
Has a line
What do I need to do?

Buy a new O2 mobile or if you're happy with your existing handset just buy a new sim (but make sure the O2 sim will work in your phone)

Note the bit in brakets as a network locked phone will not work on o2 if it is on another provider.

I would complain to vodafone as it was them you requested the pac and network unlock from they should have advised you.

But if you want to complain to o2 look at this document http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/ ... actice.pdf
Apple Watch series 4

Anonymous

I'm not here to argue with you.
I'd be complaining about the fact that I wasn't given a proper explanation of how to switch (which is odd, considering I would have thought they'd LIKE me to switch) even when I brought up the fact that my phone was locked.
According to customer services, I just needed a PAC code, and that the network would be unlocked when the sim switched.
Obviously that was incorrect advice.
THAT is what I'm complaining about, and I really don't think you're in any position to stop me?

####

#### I can understand you are frustrated but if you take the time to understand the situation you will be better placed to sort it out.
Its not O2's fault you didn't get your phone unlocked because you couldn't wait for Vodafone to give you an unlocking code for your handset.
Its not O2's fault that you don't understand the difference between phone branding, phone locking and number transfer.