Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not holding charge.

Kirstie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the iPhone7 but the charger has been playing up recently. It has died during the night and isnt switching back on. I have then decided time for an upgrade but i cant verify the account holds to me as i cant receive code? can anyone help

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Kirstie1 

If you want to upgrade to a new device you can either do it via My O2 if that option is available, or contact O2 .

All numbers are in the guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Kirstie1 

If you want to upgrade to a new device you can either do it via My O2 if that option is available, or contact O2 .

All numbers are in the guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Kirstie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
ive tried to upgrade via myo2 but its asking to verify my account. trying to send a code to my phone which currently is plugged in but not turning on. ive dm'ed o2 on twitter but they have shut me down saying its only for 'who need it most, vunerable and need help staying in contact with loved ones' well isnt that everyone at the moment. im at home with a cancer patient who cant go out and its my only way to stay in contact with my family and boyfriend.
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Kirstie1 

Can you download Skype and use that to call?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 147101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Kirstie1 

Hold power and volume down together for 30 seconds and see if phone boots up.

If not, hold the power key whilst you plug into a charger and keep holding the power key for 1 minute or until boots.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 14

Kirstie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
wow great help.
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 147101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Any luck?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 14

Kirstie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
not yet, parents have found an old iphone 6 that they dont use, but not sure when my phone was last backed up. i have some voicemails on there off my grandad who passed 6months ago and i dont want to lose them
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 147101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Kirstie1 

Some more things to try here https://www.ikream.com/fix-apple-iphone-7-wont-turn-troubleshooting-guide-24469

Message 9 of 14

Kirstie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

tried hard reset, its come up with the screen that just shows low battery, but im gonna just let it sit plugged in and see what happens.

that screen comes on, then goes off

Message 10 of 14