Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone lost by 02!!

I sent my phone off to be repaired by O2 in early March, they said it would take two weeks to be repaired and sent back to me. It has been two months, and when checked apparently I was off the system and had been confirmed lost - I'd only rang the day before to see if it was in (for about the 6th time!) and they had said I was on the system.

I'm paying for internet and other sorts of things in my package, they gave me a replacement phone (which I had to pay £25 for) which doesn't support picture messaging or the internet ... things I'm paying for!

How do I go about either getting this off my bill or getting at least SOME sort of compensation? This is not on! They're replacing my phone next week apparently (who knows how long it'll take really) but it's not fair that I have been paying for something which I haven't even USED!! Smiley Sad Smiley Sad :robotsad:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone lost by 02!!

If it is some form of compensation (ie money off bill to make up for it) I would say call O2 customer services, explain the problem you have had in a logical manner (dont rant etc) and explain how you feel as though you have been paying for your contract without receiving the full service through no fault of your own as they lost it, and you will likely get a 'Goodwill discount' to make up for it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Phone lost by 02!!

I sent my phone off to be repaired by O2 in early March, they said it would take two weeks to be repaired and sent back to me. It has been two months, and when checked apparently I was off the system and had been confirmed lost - I'd only rang the day before to see if it was in (for about the 6th time!) and they had said I was on the system.
I'm paying for internet and other sorts of things in my package, they gave me a replacement phone (which I had to pay £25 for) which doesn't support picture messaging or the internet ... things I'm paying for!
How do I go about either getting this off my bill or getting at least SOME sort of compensation? This is not on! They're replacing my phone next week apparently (who knows how long it'll take really) but it's not fair that I have been paying for something which I haven't even USED!! Smiley Sad Smiley Sad :robotsad:

Glitz,

Two months to declare your phone lost is a disgrace. I bet the loan phone was one of those awful cheap Nokia 2330's? You can buy the phone PAYG for £20 yet they take a deposit of £25 from you. You will get this back, but I found myself panicking in case it got even slightly damaged.

I hated the thought of losing good money on rubbish like that.

With regards your claim for compensation, I would be looking for 6 weeks of line rental to be refunded. You have shown great patience, I applaud you.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone lost by 02!!

Exactly ... and no, it wasn't a Nokia 2230, but it was a Nokia 2660 ... looking on the internet, they're selling for £10 new!

Yes, it is a disgrace, especially as I have been waiting so long. Thank you - I will ring up and see what I can get out of it. I don't mean to be one of these people that try to get free stuff out of everything, but seriously ... this is silly!

They also charged me £60 - SIXTY POUNDS?! - for texting someone whilst I was in Germany. I thought it would come out of my contracted 1000 texts, as stated in the terms and conditions, but obviously not! Even then, it said 20p a text - I'm sure I didn't send 300 texts plus the 1000 text limit thing whilst there, I was only there for about three days for God's sake! Absolutely stupid.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone lost by 02!!

Exactly ... and no, it wasn't a Nokia 2230, but it was a Nokia 2660 ... looking on the internet, they're selling for £10 new!
Yes, it is a disgrace, especially as I have been waiting so long. Thank you - I will ring up and see what I can get out of it. I don't mean to be one of these people that try to get free stuff out of everything, but seriously ... this is silly!
They also charged me £60 - SIXTY POUNDS?! - for texting someone whilst I was in Germany. I thought it would come out of my contracted 1000 texts, as stated in the terms and conditions, but obviously not! Even then, it said 20p a text - I'm sure I didn't send 300 texts plus the 1000 text limit thing whilst there, I was only there for about three days for God's sake! Absolutely stupid.

When did you sign up to your contract/ last upgrade?

What tariff are you on?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone lost by 02!!

If you are on a pre Q110 tariff (one from before 1st March) then for every 1 sms you send whilst abroad you lose 4 from your inclusive allowance. Once you use up the full allowance texts are charged at 11p each whilst you are still abroad (in the EU, non EU countries vary)/12p when back in the UK until your next billing date when your allowance is replenished.