Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone locked

Sue12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went to Greece for 50 days when I landed in uk my phone had been disconnected and I couldn’t make any calls

my monthly bill was £72.00 I ended up paying £120.00 to have it teconnected

i am leaving for Greece again this time for 6 months will it happen again when I return to uk

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sue12 You will not be able to use your phone for 6 months. You will be in violation of O2's Fair Use Policy. It's in your Terms & Conditions.

Using our services in our Europe Zone for more than 63 days in any four month period is what we consider to be unfair use. If you do this, we’ll send you a fair usage notification by text. If you continue to use these services after we’ve notified you, we’ll apply surcharges for further usage that we recognise as over usage.

These surcharges are £3.60 per GB for data, 3.3p per minute for calls and 1p per text. The surcharges will appear on your next months bill. We’ll stop applying surcharges to your European Zone usage once the majority of your usage over the previous four months has been in the UK.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Sue12

Possibly as you will be charged for roaming, as per the rules and regulation for roaming. 

My advice get a local sim card, or you be paying £3.50 per GB plus the call charges and sms charges. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sue12 You will not be able to use your phone for 6 months. You will be in violation of O2's Fair Use Policy. It's in your Terms & Conditions.

Using our services in our Europe Zone for more than 63 days in any four month period is what we consider to be unfair use. If you do this, we’ll send you a fair usage notification by text. If you continue to use these services after we’ve notified you, we’ll apply surcharges for further usage that we recognise as over usage.

These surcharges are £3.60 per GB for data, 3.3p per minute for calls and 1p per text. The surcharges will appear on your next months bill. We’ll stop applying surcharges to your European Zone usage once the majority of your usage over the previous four months has been in the UK.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3