cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone didn't disconnect - getting £20 bill - O2 not helpful

Anonymous
Not applicable

I rang my wife for a 30 second call who is also on O2. I thought the call had cleared but it did not and it looks like the call stayed open for 1 hr and 45 mins (I have 50 minutes allowance). I contacted O2 via web chat yesterday as the excess charge (£16.61+20% VAT = £20) had hit my account.

I asked O2 whether they would waive the charge? It was an honest mistake on my behalf and I've never been anywhere near my 50 minute limit since I've had the phone contract (20 months).

In the past I thought O2 was very helpful and would understand. Seems they have changed!

The web chat agent contacted their supervisor who declined the refund as "you need to pay the amount because the call was made from your mobile".

I responded "I understand, but I'm not happy, so to avoid such an occurrence again I'll switch to pay as you go at the end of the contract probably with another provider.", but no luck - although the agent was very sympathetic with me.

Well it will be O2's long term loss...I just saw about O2 switching broadband to Sky so I will probably totally switch away from O2 by July.

Anyone else got any ideas what I can do next (other than just grin and pay the £20)?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sure O2 weren't like this before - guess it is a result of Telefonica's financial situation?

Well you may feel badly about it but the bottom line is you made a call and got charged for it.

Very bad of O2 to do that, I wonder if you can find a network that wouldn't have?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 11