Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone delivery

Ydrewitt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded my phone on the 24th March and it says next day delivery however it's over a week later and it's still not delivered. I know with lockdown everything is crazy but I just want a ETA. Anyone else not had their phone delivered?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ydrewitt 

Phones are being delivered but it depends if O2 have stock to deliver.

You will receive an email the evening before delivery with your tracking details.

There's not much more help we can offer right now, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

PiccassoClown17
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too ordered my new phone with O2 on the 24th (Samsung S20 Ultra 5G) which was listed as '24 Hour Delivery'. O2 took the money from my account instantly which was swiftly followed by a text message stating 'delayed delivery. We will send you a text the day before delivery'. I was not notified of this when placing the order for my new device.

Secondly, I have been following the S20 Ultra's on the O2 website - it is still listed as 'In-stock' with 'Next Working Day Delivery'. If they are in stock with the same specification as the one I have ordered, as it says online, where is my new device? 

You could argue COVID-19 is causing delays, which is expected during these difficult times, but explain anticipated delays when placing the order. That being said, I have made a lot of online orders since the lockdown and have not experienced any delays. Also, if it is out of stock, do not advertise it as 'in-stock' online - this is false advertising and is unacceptable.

Cannot currently reach O2; online chat is unavailable, calls get cut-off because it is not considered 'High Priority' so am going through the complaints team. 

Hopefully we receive an update soon!

Message 3 of 12

Jaylamps_71
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm in same position ... O2 advertising the Ultras as in stock with next day delivery.... They take your money and then next day send out a message saying out of stock whilst keeping the same In Stock message on its site .... There must be laws regarding false advertising if they don't actually have them and also that they cannot deliver next day.
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We can only repeat what you have been told. Stock isn't live so don't believe the shop site.

Message 5 of 12

PiccassoClown17
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry Jonsie, it is not the consumers fault that O2 are making sales on a false premise at the point of purchase. If the information on the website is incorrect it should not be on there. It is misleading, unfair and disgruntling loyal customers and consumers as a whole.
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree, but as customers we can only relay the information we know to be fact.

Message 7 of 12

PiccassoClown17
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I completely agree, as consumers we should be able to trust that shown on their websites though. We'll see what comes of it all
Message 8 of 12

Stagpole
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Preordered beginning of March.... still not received any communication rom o2. Website sill showing in stock with next day delivery. My contract ends this week and this was an upgrade.... will be leaving o2 an moving to another provider after 12 years.

Message 9 of 12

Stagpole
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received a dispatch notice Wednesday morning and a DPD tracking number. DPD says the phone will be delivered on Friday. Not quite next day delivery but small mercies. On Wednesday DPD tracking stated "we have your parcel" but today the DPD tracking system is down.... when will this o2 fiasco finally end???

Message 10 of 12