Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone cut off

Hi
I am a pay monthly customer who has been with o2 for 11 years and am now on a simplicity monthly tariff. Last week I got a text and an automated phone call saying I was in debit on my account and I should pay or be cut off. I spoke to an o2 person on the online chat and was told all my payments are up to date (I pay by dd) and to ignore them. So I did.
I have just spent a week in Greece and have another week here, lucky me! But I can no longer send texts or make or receive calls. I believe I have been cut off. What a great position to be in! So I am trying to sort this out using wifi in bars.
I was just wondering if anyone had fallen victim to this and whether there's anything I need to know? Thanks for your help.
Jacqueline
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: Phone cut off

Best thing to do is obviously check your o2 bills then check with your bank. It may be the DD has been inadvertently cancelled or has failed to be taken. It may be that your bank account is indeed in debit and has refused the DD to be taken.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Already done. All direct debits have been made. No returns. My account is up to date.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]
If this is indeed the case then you may well need this:
Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... CASE=13668
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Before doing that, it may be worthwhile checking that its not a problem with the network you are roaming on. Or contact O2 to find out what's happening.
Highlighted
Anonymous

As you are abroad, your roaming charges may have reached a level that O2 are not entirely comfortable with. This would be your unbilled usage, which normally wouldn't result in a ban, but if these charges go very high O2 would bar the phone until you make an interim payment to try to ensure the bill doesn't go out of control. Have you checked your unbilled usage? It might be wise to call cust services for free on +44 844 809 0200 (from any country) and ask. I wouldn't bother with online chat for a billing issue.
Highlighted
Anonymous

As you are abroad, your roaming charges may have reached a level that O2 are not entirely comfortable with. This would be your unbilled usage, which normally wouldn't result in a ban, but if these charges go very high O2 would bar the phone until you make an interim payment to try to ensure the bill doesn't go out of control. Have you checked your unbilled usage? It might be wise to call cust services for free on +44 844 809 0200 (from any country) and ask. I wouldn't bother with online chat for a billing issue.

Sounds like this is the case to me.
Highlighted
Anonymous

i dont get why people think they have been with o2 for years, they will never be cut off if they dont pay their bills.
its just ignorant.
pay your bills like everyone else. check your bank statements again. there is obviously a reason you have been cut off.
they dont randomly choose people to cut off every day.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

This thread is about 2 months old. Smiley Indifferent
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Seems like a lot of threads are being bumped up. Smiley Indifferent