Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone contact

Gemma11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I got a phone on contract for my partner as he couldn't, its been 6 months since we got to phone. Im just wondering if its possible to get the contract changed in to his name or not?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Gemma11 

The answer to that question is no. There must have been a reason O2 refused him initially.

You can change the name of the bank payment comes out of.... meaning it would come out of his not yours.

You could give O2 a call just in case. You would both have to be present on the call, but I doubt they would allow it All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Or try instore.

The normal rule is, you are responsible for the contract until it ends, then he would have to apply for his own and undergo credit checks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Gemma11 

The answer to that question is no. There must have been a reason O2 refused him initially.

You can change the name of the bank payment comes out of.... meaning it would come out of his not yours.

You could give O2 a call just in case. You would both have to be present on the call, but I doubt they would allow it All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Or try instore.

The normal rule is, you are responsible for the contract until it ends, then he would have to apply for his own and undergo credit checks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Gemma11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay thank you. Just woundering as u didn't for my a friend a couple of years ago and we could change it in to her name, but that was with a different phone provider.. but I will go instore today and find out 😊
Message 3 of 5

Gemma11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
As I did it for*
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It's always the rule @Gemma11  unless there are extenuating circumstances.

You boyfriend will need to build up his credit rating to help with application for a new contract.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5