Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone charges

Lindy321
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been charged for receiving phone calls whilst in Turkey. I make a point of not answering calls whilst abroad and my call log shows them as missed calls so is it right that I should be charged for them?  Surely a call should only be classed as being received if it’s answered otherwise one has absolutely no control over costs incurred whilst abroad. Can anyone throw any light on this matter? Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

If you have your voicemail enabled the missed call will be passed back to the UK and you will be charged.

This is the same for all networks and has been that way since the early days of roaming.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

If you have your voicemail enabled the missed call will be passed back to the UK and you will be charged.

This is the same for all networks and has been that way since the early days of roaming.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

And whilst the ways to control O2 Voicemail are all here @Lindy321, Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 - you may find the codes mentioned do not work from Turkey.

MyO2 also let's you enable and disable voice diverts, including to Voicemail - see if that at least lets you turn the divert to Voicemail when Unanswered setting off (I have never tried this, so your mileage may vary with this one from Turkey also 🤷):

1000020328.png

And

1000020329.png

Use the MyO2 App to get to this page, you will not be asked for a PIN.

1000020330.png

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3