Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call ‭0330 303 5317‬

Bennybooboo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I got a phone saying it from o2 trying to upgrade my tariff. This is the number ‭0330 303 5317‬. Is it from o2 or is it a scam?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's just an auto dial so as advised by @Cleoriff simply block it. I had a couple of these calls last month.

Message 11 of 14

Baz
Level 4: Observant
  • 74 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Did not know up to know who it was now i know it has been blocked 

Message 12 of 14

Anon94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just received a similar call from the same number. They appeared to have my address, and apparently seem to know when I first joined O2 as a customer and they were rewarding me as a long term customer. I’m unclear how they had that information.

The rewards, apparently were discounted products from the O2 store, that I “couldn’t get anywhere else”.

When asked if they could send something by email, they said they couldn’t because they were an “outbound service”.

To try and prove they were legit, they sent me a text with a 6 digit security code. The message appeared to be from ‘O2 UK’, but when I checked other messages I’ve received from O2, they list as ‘O2UK’ (no space).

Fully comfortable that this was a scam. But @O2, it’s worth knowing the level of information they appear to have on your customers.
Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anon94 

They are "trusted partners" tha O2 share your info with so they will have all your details.

You can change thses marketing preferences in your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14