Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone bill - ‘premium and info services - sent’ 9011

Natalie94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! This is probably a really stupid question but I've just looked at my phone bill, and under 'Premium and info services - sent' it says 'destination 9011' and tells me I've sent 6 messages. What does this mean?

I've googled and it says about visual voicemail, but I have used voicemail once for that bill period and I haven't done anything to it with regards to changing greeting message, turning it off, activating it etc. 

Please can someone explain what the 9011 texts actually mean? Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Natalie94 

9011 is the voicemail activation number.
The phone will automatically text this number whenever you activate or enable VVM.
It should be a free text.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Natalie94
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do you activate or enable visual voicemail? I’m not aware that I have done this
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Natalie94 

I don't have VVM so wouldn't know. I do know 9011 the number to activate it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Natalie94 

Is this a new contract or have you recently changed or upgraded?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Natalie94
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No it’s not new or anything, but I think it might be from when I’ve reset my phone
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Natalie94 

OK, try this:

1. Turn off voicemail by dialling 1760 from the phone. You should heard a message confirming voicemail has been deactivated.
  2. Perform a reset of network settings on the iPhone. (Home -> Settings -> General -> Reset -> Network Settings) Noye, this will delete any saved voicemails and also delete any saved wifi passwords.
  3. Send an SMS message to 9011, with the word "STATE" (Note the capitalisation).
  4. After a few minutes, power off, and power back on again the iPhone.
  5. Re-enable voicemail by dialling 1750.
  6. Re-test to see if Visual Voicemail is working.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Alex66
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Natalie, I have been getting Premium Text 9011 on my phone bills for about 5 years.  Periodically when I phone o2 for something else, I ask what 9011 is, and nobody at o2 knows. I have never sent a text to 9011, and there is nothing to show on my phone. They ask the community on here, so I think everyone is guessing. I have never activated a Visual Voicemail Box, nor have I ever sent a Visual Voicemail. And I am probably never going to. In the last 2 months my bill shows 1600 texts to 9011, 953 texts on my last bill.  This is a problem because it activated the daily o2 Travel charge of £4.99 and I didn't use my phone. I don't know how to stop it, and neither does o2.

Message 8 of 9

loulabele
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there - just to add to your comment, today I got a o2 travel bill of £75 because ‘I was sending texts whilst in America’…which I wasn’t as I turned off roaming and data before I landed in Florida on 24/7, even turned off iMessage failure to SMS. I was only needing to use wifi for apps and iMessage because I didn’t want to pay £6 per day. I had a massive issue trying to get o2 to understand that I hadn’t caused these charges, it was really stressful! After about 5hrs I managed to speak to someone who looked into my case properly and they agreed to refund the o2 travel charges incurred. That aside, I’ve had to pay this bill so I’m not cut off and the credit/refund should be in next months bill. Whilst I am grateful, it’s not ideal having to pay £75 of additional charges when my usual bill is £17! I’ve had a smart phone for several years whilst travelling outside of Europe so am pretty clued up on how this all works, sadly some of the staff were patronising and spoke to me like I had no idea. I intend to leave o2 when I my contract ends and moving forward, I’m taking my sim out of my phone when travelling abroad. 

Message 9 of 9