cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Upgrades/Same Service Provider

Anonymous
Not applicable

In March 2016, I will be due for a 'free' upgrade of my current phone: Nokia Lumia 925?

If O2 (online/retail) does not have the Nokia Lumia I want in March 2015?

Could I get a Nokia Lumia from another provider, still keep my existing O2 phone contract, than go elsewhere?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you want to keep the exact same contract you will need to buy the phone you want sim free from carphone warehouse or similar. You can also upgrade anywhere else and stay with o2 but it will be a new contract although you can keep your number and you won't get a refresh contract other than from O2 directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you want to keep the exact same contract you will need to buy the phone you want sim free from carphone warehouse or similar. You can also upgrade anywhere else and stay with o2 but it will be a new contract although you can keep your number and you won't get a refresh contract other than from O2 directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You won't get a free upgrade from anywhere and certainly not on the same contract. As said you can upgrade at any independent and stay on o2 but it will be a completely different contract unless you buy outright and use your current sim card. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
"Upgrade for Free" means no fees to pay off in order to upgrade, it does not mean a new phone for free without any other account changes at all......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
"Upgrade for Free" means no fees to pay off in order to upgrade, it does not mean a new phone for free without any other account changes at all......

Oh I wish...now about that Z5..or S6 Edge plus LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5