Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone Unlock Help :(

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

I thought i would ask here as phone calls aren't getting me anywhere and i was wondering if anyone here has been in this situation.

I paid off the remainder of my contract and have requested my phone be unlocked a few times, each resulting in the email saying it isn't an o2 device.

Few months ago my phone needed repaired, sent to o2 repair center, recieved phone back with same problem, sent it away again and in return they sent me a new handset.

Went into an o2 store on saturday there, and the assistant phoned o2 to change the imei which they had on record for me, to update it with the new handsets and the advisor on the phone made a request for the phone to be unlocked, all went well, or so i thought.

After having heard nothing back, i went onto the o2 site, requested the phone be unlocked and today i recieved the same email saying the device wasn't an o2 device, yet no other sim card works in it Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Topics: 546
Solutions: 12,784

Re: Phone Unlock Help :(

Is the correct imei number showing in your Myo2 firstly?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

And have you tried a non o2 sim in it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Yes the correct imei number is showing up, and i tried an old sim card i had lying about and on my phone it said "network locked"

Highlighted

OK then I would suggest this needs someone to deal with a manual request to the manufacturer.
Incidentally, what phone is it?
You should be able to call CS and explain the phone was swapped out and that a manual request needs putting through.
Try again and if no luck I'll tag @Martin-O2 who may be able to push for you from his side.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

It is the LG G3, i phone customer service when i recieved the email again about the non o2 phone, and they said id need to call back tomorrow for them to put me through to LG, but will LG even be able to help? I can see it being a network error rather than a manufacter/hardware problem?

Highlighted

It's because o2 didn't supply the phone so it's not on their list.
LG won't talk to you directly but o2 CS should chase it on your behalf.
Call again and let us know what they say as you may get someone interested next time.
If not we'll see if Martin can help you.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thankyou for your help! Hopefully it all gets sorted soon Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Still no luck. Feel like I'm getting nowhere. If the phone isn't an o2 device like I keep getting told then why can't I use another sim in it?