cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Unlock Help :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

I thought i would ask here as phone calls aren't getting me anywhere and i was wondering if anyone here has been in this situation.

I paid off the remainder of my contract and have requested my phone be unlocked a few times, each resulting in the email saying it isn't an o2 device.

Few months ago my phone needed repaired, sent to o2 repair center, recieved phone back with same problem, sent it away again and in return they sent me a new handset.

Went into an o2 store on saturday there, and the assistant phoned o2 to change the imei which they had on record for me, to update it with the new handsets and the advisor on the phone made a request for the phone to be unlocked, all went well, or so i thought.

After having heard nothing back, i went onto the o2 site, requested the phone be unlocked and today i recieved the same email saying the device wasn't an o2 device, yet no other sim card works in it 😞

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Like I said before, it's because it's not on o2's computer as it was exchanged.
If you have tried other active sims and it's definitely locked you need to keep onto CS or raise it up to complaints level http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to CS through chat and was told "I can understand. But it wasn't sold by O2 so even if I take your request for unlocking it will get rejected. "

The phone is still locked to o2 so i don't get it, so i was told to contact lg which i did, but im not sure how they can help me =[

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to call. Forget live chat, they are useless.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13