Did you mean: 

Phone Repair lost in Transit?

MaddDogg24
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I had unfortunately had my phone damaged during a nasty rain storm I was caught in, and had arranged to have my phone sent back for Repair. I sent it back last Friday (5th Jan) in the same way I have before, small White box we have at work, wrapped in an anti static bubble bag, wrapped again in bubble wrap, and taped up 4 ways, and then a large document wallet on the top covering 3 of the seams, with the printable returns label inside. Now the last time I sent back my phone like this in November (LG G5, with the common Mic issue with the bottom detatchable bit the Battery clicks into) it was received by the Monday, and checked fixed and sent back out, being back in my hands Tuesday.  I've been tracking all week, but unfortunately O2 havn't received it back.  I spoke to one of the Guru's on Wednesday who told me to track with Royal Mail, despite me telling them I run a warehouse, so have access to sending goods via Royal Mail directly, and as its an untackable item, it's like finding a needle in a haystack.  My question is basically, is there anyway or would anyone know if my phone could be stuck in the repair depot, either not been looked at or misplaced?  I worked for Royal Mail for 9 years, and yes no one is perfect, but its very unusual for Parcels to go missing, especially ones going back on a pre paid label?  Knowing my recent luck this could well be the case, but when I spoke to the Guru's no one at any point said, we'll check and get back to me!  I deal with goods in and very rarely items can get mislaid, but in this case its purely mine or Royal Mails fault.  I know I could have upgraded at a post office to a special, but I don't work near an office, plus they're shut by the time I go home, and I've never had this problem before!  

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MaddDogg24
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff @MI5

Thank you for your help guys, I'm rock and a hard place at the moment, as I want to upgrade as its a viable opiton, but its also a lost phone I don't know the where abouts of!!  I'll kepp you posted thouhg once I find out

Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate.
I'm sure you'll do what's right for you when the time comes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MaddDogg24Let us know what happens. You never know it could just turn up tomorrow (I don't think it will but we can live i hope ):smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 23

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
You could try android device manager and see if it been turned on and try track it that way
Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I think the phone is dead so it will only show the last location it was turned on in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 23

MaddDogg24
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@liggerz87 Luckily for me the Screen is completely unresponsive, so someone would have to replace the screen to use it

Message 16 of 23

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 17 of 23

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
At least that's on plus side log into android device manager and check the details you may be able to track it that way
Message 18 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @MaddDogg24 how are you doing today? Just wanted to check if you've had any progress with this since you last posted. slight_smile

Message 19 of 23

MaddDogg24
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hey guys! Unfortunately I've had a pretty hectic week so otherwise checked since Monday but as if by magic I had an email from Royal mail to say it's going to be hard to find etc and I checked again online with o2 and is miraculously turned up and is being looked at by an engineer as we speak!
Message 20 of 23