Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone Bar

Hi

I made a web top up which was wrongly debited twice by my credit card company who later refunded the disputed amount. I also informed 02. So what did they do?.....they barred my phone leaving £28 of unused credit on it. After almost 3 weeks of numerous emails with empty promises that someone will contact me to remove the bar, and being kept on hold on their 0870 number waiting to speak to the fraud dept. who didn't reply after almost an hour,this has still not been resolved.The latest time span of 24-48 hours has now passed and I refuse spend any more money calling this number again. So what do I do?.....keep emailing them, make a complaint, or just admit defeat,buy a new sim and be forced to change the number I've had for years. I'd be grateful to hear what others think.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone Bar

Thats unacceptable they've barred your number, as you actually haven't done anything wrong.

What number are you calling? A freephone alternative may be available at www.saynoto0870.com I'd recommend you keep calling them otherwise they might just shrug it off and forget, never admit defeat!

Also, you should bring up an official complaint through head office (i think they're based in slough) if they are not taking you seriously, then you can get a reply from someone a little high up.
Not just highlighting you've been barred for no reason, dont forget to mention WHY this happened in the first place and why its been dealt with so badly.

What I would expect is the bar lifted, credit refunded and some sort of 'good will gesture', maybe some extra credit or cash towards an o2 upgrade.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble your going through, do post here if you do make any progress.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone Bar

Thanks for your reply. The number I've been calling is 08705 678 678 from my landline so I really do need to find some other way of calling them that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg on my phone bill.

Yes, I'll keep at them and I think I will make an official complaint as well..... I really don't want to just give up and go away as I'm sure they'd like me to. I know it's only a modest amount of money involved but it's more the principle of the thing now.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone Bar

unless it's been changed the o2 switchboard number is 01617055000, you can then ask for customer service
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone Bar

That's great....thanks for that. I'll give it a go.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone Bar

If the dispute remains unresolved, you can inform OFCOM. However, I don't think it will get that far but if O2 are uncooperating then that may be the necessary action.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Phone Bar

Having still got nowhere I decided to send in an official complaint on 23rd Feb. and someone from that dept. rang me last Wednesday. She gave me the direct number to the fraud dept., another 0870 number, but said that if I rang her back after I'd spoken to them she would credit my phone with the amount I'd spent on all the calls. So, after another 20 minutes on hold the bar was finally removed, just over four weeks after I'd first contacted them.

When I rang her back the next day she said that it had been difficult to contact me because there is an unknown caller block on my landline which doesn't allow withheld numbers to get through. Nobody else ever bothered to tell me this in all the emails I received and as I work in a place with a similar system I know there are ways to get around this.

Anyway, she was as good as her word and added extra credit to my phone which I was grateful for. It's left me with a bit of a nasty taste but at least it's sorted at last and thanks so much for your replies.
Highlighted
Topics: 557
Solutions: 3,457

Phone Bar

When I rang her back the next day she said that it had been difficult to contact me because there is an unknown caller block on my landline which doesn't allow withheld numbers to get through.

The only way round this is for the caller to contact the operator who will then ring you and ask if you will accept the call. If you do then the caller (o2) will have to pay extra for the call. I do not know the current cost but 6 months ago the charge was £3 which is why they then wait for you to contact them.