Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing text

Hells60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am unable to send a phishing text to 7726 , message send failure ?? Help ! 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Hells60 

You may have a block on your account which you need to check with customer service. 
Alternative methods and help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Hells60 

You may have a block on your account which you need to check with customer service. 
Alternative methods and help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Hells60 We've seen hundreds and hundreds of posts about phishing texts recently. O2 doesn't seem to be able to do much about them, so I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to forward the text to them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Hells60
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok , thank you .

Message 4 of 7

Hells60
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok , thank your.
Message 5 of 7

Hells60
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok , thank you .
Message 6 of 7

BennyS
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Me too.  I have just tried to report an apparent HMRC tax refund text to the 7726 number and also had it fail.

I have seen the answer given, but I'm not going to go through the whole O2 security process just to report something that should have already got through.  I think rather ridiculous for O2 to have a spam reporting number that doesn't work outside of any bar on an account against, I assume, premium text messages.

Hopefully someone at O2 might read this and fix it, so the whole point of hvaing the 7726 free to send to number works for all.

Message 7 of 7