cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal hotspot

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m trying to turn on my personal hotspot on my iPhone but it redirects me to the o2 website I says I need to set it up. I’m on a pay monthly contract so I can’t figure out what the issue is.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We've had about 3 or 4 people asking the same question recently so there may be a system issue.
Probably worth you calling customer services on 202 to get your account checked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

This is an odd one. To set up your personal hotspot it should be merely a case of switching it on in WiFi settings. Once you do this it automatically turns off the WiFi connection your Iphone has to your local router and connects to 4G/3G. 

There would be no reason for your device to flag up this message. I've just tried mine and its working fine(Iphone 7Plus) 

Have you got WiFi calling switched on?

Try turning it off and then switch on your hotspot.

If this doesnt works its a deep and meaningful convo with C.S Im affraid

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There seems to have been a few customers with this problem on the community. Maybe you should speak to customer service if it isn't a settings issue

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, there have been a few.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

SyedTalha
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same problem when I bought Iphone X from Apple. I then had a chat with O2 guru and they told me that Iphone bolt on was not enabled on my contract.

So, if you have this issue then just talk to O2 and ask them to enable Iphone bolt on.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That is the most common cause, for sure.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7