Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments not going through

Shaz4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why can’t I pay my device payments online on the app or over the phone on the automated system, I have no problem with the air time, it says there’s an issue with my bank which there isn’t, I have 7 accounts with 02 & don’t particularly want to leave & this has happened on multiple occasions, was promised a call back yesterday which never happened
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Shaz4 

Only O2 can sort this. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Shaz4 

Device payments are subject to a credit agreement and can only be paid by direct debit or by calling O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

Shaz4
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried to contact 02 but they don’t get back to me, it lets me pay some of my bills (I have 7 lines) but the last 2 device plans will just not go thru either on the app or over the phone, I’m getting more & more annoyed with it as they will disconnect me if it’s not paid
Message 4 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Shaz4 

O2 will never call you back. You just have to persevere when you eventually get through.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 20

Shaz4
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have had issues in the past with this but it seemed to resolve itself & since I’ve been with 02 (years) I’ve always paid on the app or over the phone as I don’t like direct debits & I’ve never been told it has to be paid by like that
Message 6 of 20

Shaz4
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All I keep getting told when I eventually get thru is that they can’t take a payment as they’re working from home so how the heck am I supposed to pay & not risk getting cut off as they are now overdue, frustration is an understatement
Message 7 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Shaz4 

I'll tag our managers to the post and see if they can help

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @LukasB ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Shaz4 

It is in the contract T&C's that bills should be paid by direct debit.

It is far easier and avoids issues such as this.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 20

Shaz4
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I prefer the payment method I have used since I joined 02 & don’t usually have problems, when I had issues a while ago it was sorted out eventually, I don’t like paying by direct debit as I prefer control over my payments & as I said I’ve not had any problems until now but it also doesn’t explain why 5 out of 7 of my device payments went thru & not the last 2 plus all the airtime payments went thru ok
Message 10 of 20