Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments not going through

Shaz4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why can’t I pay my device payments online on the app or over the phone on the automated system, I have no problem with the air time, it says there’s an issue with my bank which there isn’t, I have 7 accounts with 02 & don’t particularly want to leave & this has happened on multiple occasions, was promised a call back yesterday which never happened
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Shaz4 , I've just come across your topic here, thanks for the tag above guys. Did the payments end up clearing in the end for you or are you still waiting?

Message 11 of 20

Shaz4
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi it’s an issue with the app & automated service as it’s saying there’s an issue with my bank which there isn’t as I managed to pay 5 out of 7 items on my 02 account with no problems, it took me nearly a week to pay 2 device plans as every time I rang to try the automated service it also said it couldn’t take the payment, when I got thru to someone they were at home & unable to take the payment but I eventually got thru to someone in the office who took the payments with no problems so it definitely needs looking into.
Message 12 of 20

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Shaz4 thanks for coming back and updating us on how you're doing with this, much appreciated and good to hear you managed to sort out the payments with customer service in the end.

Message 13 of 20

JayMay
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The site seems to be having issues atm.

Message 14 of 20

pockaii7
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

love how when this guy says look into it they completely ignored this and instead thanked him for fixing his own problem i too have ran into similar problems with online payments only works when it wants too its a joke 02 ARE A JOKE

Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@pockaii7 

I hope you realise you are commenting on a thread which started in 2020?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

pockaii7
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  its really sad that your bringing it up lol have you nothing better to do with your time? Regardless of the time even back then the reply back to the question was a joke lol not really helpful at all but thanks for giving me a laugh lol 

Message 17 of 20

smsdigital
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having the same issue now in 2022... So I'm glad this thread is around and still alive.

Message 18 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10173 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@pockaii7  @smsdigital 

You do realise since then SCA has kicked in with the banks, and as such if any minute detail is wrong between your bank and o2, then the banks are now erring on caution and declining transactions. 

Call up o2 on 0800 902 0217 and ask them for a transaction trace, provide that to your bank, and they will be able to investigate...  as 99.9% of the time its the bank that is at fault... 

Or pay by Direct Debit, and avoid the extra charges, and risks associated with not paying ontime. 

Oh and by the way this isn't customer services its a peer 2 peer forum.... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 19 of 20

pockaii7
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

0800 902 0217

Yeah so this number brings you to the 02 pay as you go top up line. if you like being caught in an endless cycle of automated misery and mayhem then this is a delightful number to call with such monumental catch phrases as welcome to 02 please have your number handy - i can just put you through to someone who can help, and my personal favourite you seem to be having trouble with your top up.  slight_smile

Message 20 of 20