Did you mean: 

Payments not being logged in system

Gaby55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I made a payment on the 1st of August for my monthly bill which was said to be overdue (this because O2 has somehow disabled my direct debit without me knowing). I got the notification by email and text with a payment link. I used the text payment link and made the payment.

After I recieved the transaction code and thank you message, by bank also states the payment had been made. Now however O2 keeps sending me messages about the overdue payment. Adding more and more restrictions even though I HAVE PAID. I tried contacting them but it is impossible. Every phone number I managed to find directs me to the annoying payment AI service and not actual people who can help me. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to fix this??

Edit: for clarity I have used the text link payment method before and it has always worked, just not logging this time.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11265 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Gaby55 

You will need to use another phone or Skype and speak to o2 on 0800 902 0217 as there is nothing anyone on this customer to customer community can do to assist.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38199 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Text with a payment link? Sounds fishy...

Log into your MyO2 https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin or the App and check what is going in as soon as you can.

Never open your MyO2 using the link sent in a SMS, as Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

If you have been had by a scam SMS or e-mail, Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

And prepare to let your bank and card service know as well.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 6

Gaby55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s not a scam as I always recieve my messages from this same O2 number. It’s the same number that will send you updates about your monthly bill. I have O2 text notification turned on for this reason. I have also been using the text links to pay for ages without issue so I know it is not a scam. The link just leads you to the O2 online payment portal. Which it did this time too without any change, but the payment is just not going through in the system. Also my bank doesn’t allow me to send payments to a new account without verification, further proving it’s the same O2 payment service.

I do not have the app (iphone is on a different country appstore for my banking) and apparently I can’t contact people without using another phone?? Genius from O2 really.

Thank you for the help though. I just wish there was an easier way to contact support since non of their advertised ways seem to actually work. Hence why I tried here since it’s my only option

Message 4 of 6

Gaby55
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for letting me know. Sadly I do not have access to either so I guess im screwed until the system logs the payment. I posted here cause I cant seem to contact O2 in any way available, hence this was a last restort

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11265 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Gaby55 

If you have access to the internet then it can be installed and sign up for a free account to make the call..  We have a community guide on it Guide: A Guide to Skype 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 6