Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Toni1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I made a payment towards my latest bill, using my o2 app, a couple of days before the bill was actually due. But today, the day it is due, the full amount was taken from my account, by direct debit, even though I paid some towards it already. Will I be able to get this refunded? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Toni1

You could try by ringing customer services though I doubt it https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You need to make any extra payment at leat a week before any direct debit is paid otherwise the system has no time to catch up.

Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Toni1

You could try by ringing customer services though I doubt it https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You need to make any extra payment at leat a week before any direct debit is paid otherwise the system has no time to catch up.

Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Unless you are desperate for the money, just leave it as a credit on your account which will mean less will be taken by direct debit next month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Though I would still contact CS either way @Toni1. Otherwise they may think you have just made an extra payment (which anyone can do at any time)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Toni1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will get in contact with them. It was because, when my o2 app showed the amount I had to pay, I made half the payment, then the app showed what was left to pay today, but they still took the full amount. Bit annoying?!
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

They are open now @Toni1

You may get through quickly if you try now.

As I said before, best of luck with it wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It will be time for next months payment by the time they refunded your bank account anyway......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Toni1, let us know how it goes with Customer Service - we'd love to hear how you're getting on with this. slight_smile

Message 8 of 8