Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment!

Petersonemily
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I payed my phone bill this morning over the app not releasing O2 had already taken the payment from my bank so now obviously it’s being paid twice, but I can’t afford to just leave it so how do I get one of the payments back?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If your account is now in credit you can request those funds to be paid back into your account. I say request....but that can take 7-10 days so the other option is to leave it there and there will be no payment next month or the direct debit will take an amount minus whatever you paid in manually.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Petersonemily

You must contact Customer services and explain to them. I doubt they will refund though it's worth a try

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add, they open at 8am so give them a call Do not use live chat

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once your bill is generated it will take the money as it is supposed to but you won’t get a refund I bet
Message 3 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Petersonemily if you have a Direct Debit in place, which it sounds like you do, then you don't need to make a separate payment yourself. It only confuses the issue. And you wind up paying twice, as has just happened.

With a DD, O2 will collect the requisite payment on the due date, and you can relax.and not worry.

Good luck with CS but I also doubt you'll get a refund. It will probably be credited to your account.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If your account is now in credit you can request those funds to be paid back into your account. I say request....but that can take 7-10 days so the other option is to leave it there and there will be no payment next month or the direct debit will take an amount minus whatever you paid in manually.

Message 5 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum, @Petersonemily Wave Did you get a chance to look at the advice above? Have you made any progress since you last posted? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey everyone, I hope everything got sorted for @Petersonemily in the end, as it's been a while now. Just wanted to clarify regarding the refund in case it might help in the future.

Airtime part of the bill can be refunded back if you've mistakenly paid it twice. However, the device part cannot be refunded, as it would mess with the payment schedule plan that you need to pay against the device you have. So if it's a SIM only plan, or just the airtime, a refund should be ok, and you can call customer service to request this. slight_smile

Message 7 of 7