cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment keeps getting declined despite having the money in my bank account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

For some reason my direct debit didn't go through so I was very suprised to get an email from O2 saying I owed them money! I have the funds available in my bank account but every time I try to pay my card gets declined? Nothing wrong with my card - I have no idea what to do. Have tried to pay over the phone and on app. I'm going to try and pay in store today, but I'm worried the same will happen.

Can this affect my credit rating?

Thanks in advance.

Katie

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Toby

If the new cases are unrelated technically to the larger issue why are they the same problems.

I tried to pay my monthly bill online as I normally do. Card declined. Go and talk to your bank and come back and try again!

I love talking to my bank.

Especially when they have received no notification of O2 asking for payment. Account is fine. Card is fine - confirmed by making other purchases.

Tried again. Card declined. So a call to Customer Services after the online chat was completely useless asking me more information than needed including my username login!

Over the phone payment. Still declined.

I know I'll go into an O2 store and pay over the counter, if not by card, with hard earned cash! You would think life could be so much easier if these system analysts would think of these things. Apparently, they don't do that. Excellent!

So from the O2 shop, they allow me to use their phone to Customer Services. The gentleman takes off the restrictions off my phone for non-payment, carrys over my monthly bill of £43 pounds to my next bill which will then resolve the problem as by now I have set up a DD. Gave it 24 hours.

Yes. You've guessed it. Still hasn't solved the problem.

So another call to customer services brings me to the point where they have now advanced it to the Technical department and I have to wait another 24hours to resolve. All this time, I am waiting to upgrade my phone and obviously still paying for a handset that I have already paid off!

What's peeing me off is that this forum shows this is a known issue and yet I am being given the runaround and being told to waste my time to go and talk to my bank etc instead of the 'technical department' solving the apparently even LARGER issue (because it still isn't resolved after how many months?) and telling Customer Services to resolve outstanding accounts until the O2 TECHNICAL issue is resolved!

Next stop is the papers and taking my 10+ years of o2 loyalty and 4 accounts elsewhere!

Message 21 of 33

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Any new issues related to this are individual ones, so the wider is fixed, but some members may still have problems of course. I see that you've tried with customer service many times! In that case, please send me private message and I'll ask the rest of the team to look at your case closely. You can find a link in my post signature.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Of course we may never know about the many clients who may be having payment problems as they don't all come to the forum to complain @Anonymous

Thankfully you did....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to keep everyone updated, promises from Customer Services to get back to me 24 hours later i.e. 9.00am this morning resulted in? ... No call. No update. No nothing. 

Not even Toby has come back.

Beginning to believe it's time for a change of network provider.

Message 24 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to keep everyone updated, promises from Customer Services to get back to me 24 hours later i.e. 9.00am this morning resulted in? ... No call. No update. No nothing. 

Not even Toby has come back.

I will mention @Toby here @Anonymous. He will reply to this...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be recommended if you are out of contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 26 of 33

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I sent you a private message almost immediately after your initial message to me. Have a look and get back to me slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 27 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is now Sunday. And still unresolved. No follow up call by O2 customer services after being escalated to the technical department from last Monday.

I am going to ring them again once my phone is charged this morning and see what the response is and post a further update.

Not encouraged by the non-response.

After setting up the direct debit for future bills, what could be easier but to clear the debt by carrying it over to next month?

With 4 accounts and over 10+ years as a customer, not feeling too valued!

Message 28 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Sorry to hear you are still having problems @Anonymous. Please post back if you have any joy when you ring again. Just to add... one of our members @viridis has managed to get payment taken on his multiple accounts by eventually getting customer services to process them...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Call and select account problem, then something else, they will process them manually
Message 30 of 33