cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment keeps getting declined despite having the money in my bank account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

For some reason my direct debit didn't go through so I was very suprised to get an email from O2 saying I owed them money! I have the funds available in my bank account but every time I try to pay my card gets declined? Nothing wrong with my card - I have no idea what to do. Have tried to pay over the phone and on app. I'm going to try and pay in store today, but I'm worried the same will happen.

Can this affect my credit rating?

Thanks in advance.

Katie

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous This is an ongoing problem that some people have been having for months. It seems to only affect certain cards. Try calling customer service on 202 from your mobile. It's a free call, and probably more convenient than going in store.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
I would also check with your bank to see why there was a problem with the DD.
You need to get this sorted asap.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's really worrying.

I tried paying over the phone before with no luck, I suppose it can't hurt to call again.

I wonder whether I could try it with my boyfriend's card? I'm really very worried about this now 😞

Message 5 of 33

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous Have you spoken to your bank? They should be able to give you a reason the DD failed (assuming, as you said, you had enough funds)
Message 6 of 33

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous As suggested earlier, your first call should be to your bank to query the direct debit failure.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ahh. It be a painful time you're about to endure....
Message 8 of 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12096 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
one point to note (and please correct me if I am wrong @viridis) but once a card has been declined it will not work for at least 24 hours.
so if you have a visa card that has been declined today then it will not be accepted until tomorrow at least. the next try should be with a different card.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Not true, i thought that too but at weekend my card was declined but then rang up and could pay device plans with it (but not airtime???)
I'm guessing it's because it's not actually declining so will work... Ish
Message 10 of 33