cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

In response to a text alert saying i would be cut off I have signed on to pay off in advance a larger bill as I am in cuba. as i normally pay by direct debit i am unable to make a payment unless i do it by phone? surely this is incorrect and i can pay online?

O2 can you call me so i can make a payment please

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I have asked for your number to be removed as this is a public forum, nobody can take a payment from here.

If you can log into MyO2 you can use a UK credit/debit card there.

You can phone free from your mobile when they're open:

From abroad+44 844 809 0200Free‡

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I have asked for your number to be removed as this is a public forum, nobody can take a payment from here.

If you can log into MyO2 you can use a UK credit/debit card there.

You can phone free from your mobile when they're open:

From abroad+44 844 809 0200Free‡

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MSB23, how did you get on internet on Cuba, heard the is connection very limited. Goin there in 2 weeks so It be hard without internet. Also what does anyone know best bolt on for Cuba? I was looking on O2 travel and 1 min/£1.50 http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad#
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi MSB123, please be aware that we are all customers on this forum.  We cannot take payment. 

If you have logged in to My O2 (yours) and it says that payment can only be done on the phone then it can only be done on the phone.  If you usually pay be direct debit then you cannot just cancel it as you will incur charges.

Message 5 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

If you usually pay be direct debit then you cannot just cancel it as you will incur charges.

What has this got to do with the question ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@gemz4the1 wrote:

If you usually pay be direct debit then you cannot just cancel it as you will incur charges.

What has this got to do with the question ?

I don't know why I should explain my response to you MI5 but fair enough........

The OP says they are at risk of being cut off and I asked regarding the direct debit as the OP says that they usually pay by direct debit so I was checking if the OP has cancelled their direct debit mid contract when they shouldn't of.  It may be 2 different issues that the OP is dealing with.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

I asked for an explanation because your comment is completely irrelevant !

The OP is abroad and O2 have asked for an interim payment on their bill to prevent them from been cut off.
You should have a knowledge of O2 systems and how they work or else it's best not to comment. Banana

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

MIS5 you constantly nit picking all of my comments are irrelevant!!

I am looking out for the OP whereas you are looking out for yourself trying to undermine everybody.

The OP mentioned direct debit payment and says that they usually pay by direct debit but they aren't in this instance so I was just checking that the OP did not cancel the direct debit to avoid them having to pay more. 

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Read the post again carefully. You will see you are wrong.
An interim payment will not be taken by DD as it is a safeguard against a stolen phone....
I do not nit pick, I just correcting inaccuracies.
This Forum is supposed to be full of factual knowledge that helps people, not speculation, guesswork and errors!

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16