Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment declined message?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,

i've just joined today and its my first post, please be gentle lol wink

i have contacted O2 via the live chat service for the past 2 days with a query i have.

basically what's happening is when i try to make in-app purchases i keep getting "payment declined" message?

i am using a samsung galaxy alpha handset and also samsung galaxy tab s 10.5

the payment declined message occurs whether i use the bill to my account service, paypal, google wallet, debit card.

i have funds readily available, so i know thats not an issue.

if anyone can help or clarify matters further please.

any advice greatly appreciated.

cheers

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

OK I've just spoken to customer service, and they were puzzled as well.

There are no bars or restrictions on the account at all.  

Everything on my account is in order, apparently I've not even reached my spending limit on the account considering my bills average under £400 especially when I'm roaming abroad. 

The advisor suggested to contact the Google Play store customer service and see what they advise.

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is it just Google Play you are having problems with?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey guys,

at last i eventually found out the problem that was declining the payment.

basically i registered for google wallet so that the funds would come direct from my bank account rather than being billed to my O2 account.

but what i didnt know was that Google suspended my google account whilst the account had to be verified etc, they send an email and i have to provide proof such as utility bill and driving licence.

i spoke to google play customer services and the advisor explained all the details and the process involved.

so now the suspension has been removed and i can use the google services as normal.

i hope this helps anyone else who registers for google wallet.

thanks for your advice and help.

cheers

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks for the update.
I was thinking it may be something like that, hence the question above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys,

at last i eventually found out the problem that was declining the payment.

basically i registered for google wallet so that the funds would come direct from my bank account rather than being billed to my O2 account.

but what i didnt know was that Google suspended my google account whilst the account had to be verified etc, they send an email and i have to provide proof such as utility bill and driving licence.

i spoke to google play customer services and the advisor explained all the details and the process involved.

so now the suspension has been removed and i can use the google services as normal.

Shame Google didn't  explain the process fully, glad it's now sorted out. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted. I couldn't see any reason why it would be an o2 problem but thanks for the update☺

Message 16 of 16