cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently recieved an o2 Simplicity Tariff but I cancelled the day I recieved it as my current phone is locked onto a network. Why am I still going to be charged for this if I never used it?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You would think so......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm wondering if it's another box that needs ticking somewhere that the CS agents aren't doing or if it's supposed to be fully automated?
I'm only wondering this as it appears to be totally random and not affecting everyone who pays off a refresh contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah but if so it would effect everyone?

Currently using:
Message 15 of 18

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Perhaps the system throws a wobbly from time to time. The website certainly does, although that does affect everyone. We've seen people having glitches with My O2 and TuGo which can be unique to their account. Maybe one of the admin can reveal if it's automated or not.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

@Anonymous! Welcome to the community!

I am Meri, the Community Coordinator. I am sorry to hear you are having troubles. Did you manage to solve your issue calling CS? How did it resolve?

Also guys, as I see you have some complaints about this I am more than happy to feedback this for you. Tell me,  do you have any thoughts or ideas on how this could be solved? Your first-hand opinion on this is very helpful.

M

Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous

We have said before the whole billing section needs a revamp. It isn't easy to navigate and we have many posts on here looking to view previous bills and having to go a long circuitous route to get there

In this instance it appears  to do with Refresh when the O2 system glitches after the device plan has been paid off and the full airtime bill is charged in error. Problem is when they take that money it takes O2 ages to refund. Not good when a customer has no money left in the bank slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18