Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying out o2 refresh contract early?

azzyb123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - before I start I just want to say i've read the guide on how to cancel a contract but im still slightly confused.

Basically my contracts up on the 26/02/2019 (which is my bill date) and its giving me the option to upgrade for a fee of £50 (my device plan times by 2), if i was to go ahead and pay that fee then what other charges am I liable for?

(Baring in mind my airtime bill is £30 and I only have 2 bills left to pay as per the contract)

I am looking to move networks and get that I would have to request a PAC code etc to keep my number.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@azzyb123

If you upgrade early you don't pay the remaining airtime on the current contract but your new airtime bill will apply immediately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@azzyb123

If you upgrade early you don't pay the remaining airtime on the current contract but your new airtime bill will apply immediately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

azzyb123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply MI5 slight_smile

I understand what you are saying - the bit im particularly confused about is, say I cancelled my contract today and paid the £50 remaining device plan then requested a PAC code which then say I gave to my new network tomorrow this would officially end my contract with o2, yes?

Which going off the guide would mean im liable for early cancellation charges, is this correct? And if so, how much would the early cancellation charge be

Sorry if it's really obvious - and I know you guys must get this asked an awful lot, thanks.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@azzyb123

You only need to give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime for free so your final o2 bill would just be for 30 days.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

azzyb123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ahhh okay, so to clarify if i rang and gave them 30 days notice before my contract ends (which i would) theyd bill me for 30 days, this would just be my monthly airtime bill? Or a different figure?

Again thanks a lot.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@azzyb123 wrote:

Ahhh okay, so to clarify if i rang and gave them 30 days notice before my contract ends (which i would) theyd bill me for 30 days, this would just be my monthly airtime bill? Or a different figure?

Again thanks a lot.

@azzyb123 just the equivalent on 1 month of airtime.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@azzyb123 See this guide on how to get your PAC: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Once you use the PAC it automatically cancels your O2 contract, and a final bill will be produced. Do not cancel your Direct Debit with O2 until you receive a zero bill.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7