cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off device plan and switching to sim only?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning all,

I'm currently an o2 refresh customer and am looking to pay off my current device plan and I'd like to upgrade to an iPhone 7. The only problem is that o2 are proving to be pricier than other providers for upgrading, so I've been looking at the sim only packages and getting my new phone from Apple themselves. I'm unable to find information though on whether if I pay off my device plan whether the useage plan would be waivered in exchange for a sim only contract? Or whether I still have to keep my current useage contract until my 24 months are up? Is anyone able to clarify for me? 

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You would need to cancel your current contract here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

You would then be free to buy another phone outright and go for a sim only contract with O2 if you wish

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You would need to cancel your current contract here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

You would then be free to buy another phone outright and go for a sim only contract with O2 if you wish

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There is no charge to cancel airtime after the device plan is paid but you must give 30 days notice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Hope it went all good with the switch to SIM only. Do you have any additional questions? slight_smile Let us know how you like the iPhone 7 if you ended up getting it! (I'm considering getting one myself!!)

Message 4 of 4