Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying my bill

JoshA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It won’t let me call to pay my bill or it won’t let me pay my bill online. Has this happened to anyone else?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It happens often @JoshA
See all ways to pay here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...
or any other way to contact O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It happens often @JoshA
See all ways to pay here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...
or any other way to contact O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@JoshA Have you considered setting up a Direct Debit, as the guide suggests? It certainly is the easiest way to avoid the problems you're having. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought everyone who signs a pay monthly contract automatically get put on a Direct Debit
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
They do, but for various personal reasons, customers can choose to cancel it and O2 don't enforce it so alternatives means of paying are provided...... when they work!

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I have never had a problem over x amount of years paying by direct debit. As far as I am concerned it's part of the terms and conditions of a contract with O2. I fail to see why people make it such a high priority to have a phone but wont commit themselves to direct debit.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have never had a problem over x amount of years paying by direct debit. As far as I am concerned it's part of the terms and conditions of a contract with O2. I fail to see why people make it such a high priority to have a phone but wont commit themselves to direct debit.

I agree & it also helps to make sure that you have enough money to cover the bill too

Message 7 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes, that's a good point @lovenyphone. No point having a DD in place and then no money to cover it.

I'm with @Cleoriff it's part of the contract. And it means I don't have to remember to pay the bill when it arrives. It's the easiest way to ensure your bill is paid on time and you don't get cut off.

Can't understand why anyone would want to alter that.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

O2 could enforce direct Debits though it's doubtful they ever will. Some people worry that unexpected large amounts could be debited from their accounts,  sometimes rightly debited but sometimes in error. They like to think they are in control of their money though others may well be paid on a different date every month thus incurring bank charges if a direct debit is returned unpaid.

People's circumstances can vary greatly but they should take that into consideration when taking out an account. Sometimes P&G would suit better but that doesn't give them the latest must have phone. Just my opinion though that's not worth much these days...

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

O2 could enforce direct Debits though it's doubtful they ever will. Some people worry that unexpected large amounts could be debited from their accounts,  sometimes rightly debited but sometimes in error. They like to think they are in control of their money though others may well be paid on a different date every month thus incurring bank charges if a direct debit is returned unpaid.

People's circumstances can vary greatly but they should take that into consideration when taking out an account. Sometimes P&G would suit better but that doesn't give them the latest must have phone. Just my opinion though that's not worth much these days...

Good to see you posting @jonsie slight_smile ... I have O2 on direct debit as all other of my bills except my home-help service which is paid by cheque on monthly invoice = cheque given in hand to my home-help ... I don't get paid monthly so it's up to me to manage my finances accordingly, there have been a couple of times where I've run out of money in the bank & taken advice from a member of the community & telephoned the 2 companies whose direct debits weren't going to go through ... & ... I was frantic, however both companies dealt with me sympathetically & I had NO bad credit to my name which is what I was most worried about 

Message 10 of 12