cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying more upfront

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am wanting to pay more upfront for an iPhone 8 plus so it reduces my monthly tariff, is this possible? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

You can choose any of the higher upfront cost advertised on the shop pages or make an additional device payment once you have started a contract but you can't just choose any upfront cost at the start.

All upfront costs shown here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariff/apple/iphone-8-plus?productId=d219d482-86be-4c48-b99d-74b3ac0f09c6&...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

You can choose any of the higher upfront cost advertised on the shop pages or make an additional device payment once you have started a contract but you can't just choose any upfront cost at the start.

All upfront costs shown here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariff/apple/iphone-8-plus?productId=d219d482-86be-4c48-b99d-74b3ac0f09c6&...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Simple answer. No
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn’t so long ago that paying upfront reduced the overall cost but these days it does barely anything.. saves you a £1 or 2 at best.

i still think buying outright and sim only is the way to go!

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

i still think buying outright and sim only is the way to go!

I would agree with you on that @Anonymous Particularly when you see the S9 can be bought elsewhere for £200 less than here. Sadly though, not everyone can afford to buy the phone outright...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to look at the overall picture and not just focus on one area.
Sometimes, contracted phones can be beneficial with cheaper add ons such as insurance or the provision of discounts due to multiple accounts etc......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6