Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying monthly but no account

Suetonius
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mother (96) in a home 75 miles away has a phone which is paid from my bank account.  It does not show up on my O2 account (my wife's does).  I need to change plan and possibly phone.  She can't manage text or email from O2 and I can't visit in person cos of Covid rules in homes.  I could just cancel monthly payment (well out of contract) but that leaves her with no communication.  If O2 know the phone number and my bank account details can Mum's phone be added to my O2 account?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Suetonius 

You can add  the number into Myo2 but you will need the code rom the phone, as you are adding the number.

Do not cancel any payments unless you cancel the contract, otherwise o2 will come after your mum via debt collectors for the money, and will cut her off completely.  You need to cancel properly here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

O2 won't speak to you direct unless you are a name contact on the account. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Suetonius 

You can add it yourself if you know the login details.

other products.JPG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Suetonius 

You can add  the number into Myo2 but you will need the code rom the phone, as you are adding the number.

Do not cancel any payments unless you cancel the contract, otherwise o2 will come after your mum via debt collectors for the money, and will cut her off completely.  You need to cancel properly here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

O2 won't speak to you direct unless you are a name contact on the account. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Suetonius
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to you all for your prompt replies. I have no information on the O2 contract except I pay the monthly bill and I know the phone number.  I suppose I can switch her to pay as you go to keep costs down.  Or I could cancel the DD and send her another phone already set up with another (or same) provider.

It is good to know there is somewhere like this site - forgive me if I make a mess of it - it is the first time I have ever done this  

Message 4 of 4