Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying contract early

Paul112
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I've contacted O2 today about closing the 2nd line that I have as I have no use for it anymore, The device plan has been paid off and they said something about 30 days notice, I have an airtime payment due early August do I need to pay that or just wait for the final airtime bill?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime so you will pay for the next 30 days.
You will need to pay August’s bill then one further one which will be pro rata for the remaining days after the August bill.
Do not cancel your direct debit until the account is fully closed and your final bill has been paid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime so you will pay for the next 30 days.
You will need to pay August’s bill then one further one which will be pro rata for the remaining days after the August bill.
Do not cancel your direct debit until the account is fully closed and your final bill has been paid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Paul112
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the quick reply, so I'll just pay as normal until I get final bill confirmation, thanks
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes that’s correct but also call again in 3 days time to ensure they have cancelled it all correctly as they have been known to forget!

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Paul112
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Will do, thanks again
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Paul112 Make sure you leave your Direct Debit in place until you get a zero bill. We hear of horror stories from people who cancel too early and then have their credit rating ruined because they still owe a small amount. Please don't add yourself to that list.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6