cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a bill early

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I pay by direct debit but I want to pay my bill early through the app. Will I be charged twice if I do this?
Thanks
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It all depends on the date the bill will usually be taken by direct debit.

This is the date of payment which is 2 weeks AFTER the date the bill is produced.
If there is at least 6 clear banking days your account will show a zero balance and therefore, the DD won't be called. If not, you will pay twice but the extra will stay on your account as a credit for next month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It all depends on the date the bill will usually be taken by direct debit.

This is the date of payment which is 2 weeks AFTER the date the bill is produced.
If there is at least 6 clear banking days your account will show a zero balance and therefore, the DD won't be called. If not, you will pay twice but the extra will stay on your account as a credit for next month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have always paid my bill on the day its produced via debit card although i also have a DD set up and no i have never been charged twice not in the 4 years of being an o2 customer... i should really canx the DD but its handy to have in place incase I am away on business or out the country and just generally forget, but no never charged twice slight_smile hope my experiance helps

Message 4 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just to add in the T&C it also states this

5.13 We require you to pay your Charges by direct debit unless we tell you otherwise. An additional Charge may apply if you don't pay by direct debit. We will set out the amount of any such charge on our Website. If you are paying by credit or debit card you authorise the payment card company to give us and, on a strictly confidential basis, to our sub-contractors and/or agents, details about your payment card account if it's necessary in connection with the Agreement. You also authorise them to let us know if your payment account is terminated or suspended at any time.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 5