Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay off the device plan completely by oversea visa card

Conrad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am an oversea costumer and I am trying to pay off my device plan and cancel my contract with my air time plan, however I have been told that O2 will not accept payment with credit cards registered overseas, as such I need a solution (Urgent) to pay off for my device and cancell the air time plan as I won't be staying at the UK any longer. Please reply as soon as possible and I would like to make my payments through means such as using an oversea visa or a direct back transfer. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@ConradYou wont be allowed to cancel using an overseas card sadly. The best you can do is ask a friend in the UK to do it for you, if you can transfer money into their bank

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

If you have a UK bank you could pay by bank transfer following this advice

*Paying via Bank Transfer or BACS (For consumer customers not business)

Customers can contact their bank and ask to transfer an amount of money directly into O2’s account. When requesting the payment through their bank, the customer must include either their mobile number or o2 account number as a reference. This will enable O2 to make sure the payment is applied against the correct customer

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@ConradYou wont be allowed to cancel using an overseas card sadly. The best you can do is ask a friend in the UK to do it for you, if you can transfer money into their bank

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

If you have a UK bank you could pay by bank transfer following this advice

*Paying via Bank Transfer or BACS (For consumer customers not business)

Customers can contact their bank and ask to transfer an amount of money directly into O2’s account. When requesting the payment through their bank, the customer must include either their mobile number or o2 account number as a reference. This will enable O2 to make sure the payment is applied against the correct customer

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Conrad
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much for your advise! 

After reading the links that you have sent, I was still a bit confused about  cancelling my air time contract. Does that mean I will have to dial to O2 and cancel my contract with a Local UK credit card, or do I simply have to phone them for cancelling my contract.

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Conrad To cancel the airtime you just need to give them 30 days notice. This can be done over the phone and speaking to an O2 advisor. (Not live chat)

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You must of had a uk bank account to get the contract in the first place so you can pay through that to clear the device plan.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Conrad
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

No problem @Conrad. Hope you are sorted soon wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Conrad As you haven't canceled your contract yet, you can refer to the link @Cleoriff provided, and call O2 for free using your phone. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

In an ideal world, this would have been done whilst in the UK. Give 30 days notice by phone and ask a family member or friend in the UK to pay it off for you and transfer the money to them.

'Course, if you ain't never coming back to the UK. ....

Message 10 of 10