Did you mean: 

Pay monthly transfer to sim only

Rich35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have just purchased a new phone S20+ direct from Samsung as it was cheaper than a new contract through o2.

I currently have two months left on my current contract with o2 but have £0 outstanding.

Am I able to just swap onto a sim only deal? or do I have to take out a sim only plan and transfer my number that way?

I tried taking out a sim only plan online but it wouldn't let me keep my number and even a new plan it wouldn't accept it??

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @Rich35 

You wont be able to upgrade to a sim only deal until the contract term is over. The reason it says you have £0 outstanding is because sometimes O2 will let you upgrade to a Refresh plan (device and airtime plan) early and at no extra cost. This is only for Refresh plans, not sim only. 

Hope this helps 

Stacey slight_smile 

signature

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @Rich35 

You wont be able to upgrade to a sim only deal until the contract term is over. The reason it says you have £0 outstanding is because sometimes O2 will let you upgrade to a Refresh plan (device and airtime plan) early and at no extra cost. This is only for Refresh plans, not sim only. 

Hope this helps 

Stacey slight_smile 

signature
Message 2 of 3

Rich35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Stacey,
Thanks for that info.
I've took out a new sim plan so once that arrives I'll phone and end my current contract and swap numbers.

Thanks
Message 3 of 3