cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly to sim only with different account

Anonymous
Not applicable

When the pay monthly contract I am on ends , I want to move to sim only (will be buying a new iPhone), however I want the sim only to be under a new account, as currently the pay monthly contract is under my fathers name and paid by him, whereas I will be taking over this responsibility for my next phone.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Both yourself and your father need to call cs and he gives permission to transfer the number, You then speak to cs, give your new account details and take ownership of number.
You both need to be present on the same call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to apply for your own simo contract and if accepted your father can transfer the number to you.
You can apply online or go in store but we recommend instore as it's quicker.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Make sure your father doesn't cancel the line as this is all done as part of the number transfer
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I do this and in what order

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
In the order I gave you above.
1 - get your own contract
2 - ask your father to release number to you
3 - father's account is cancelled automatically at the point of number transfer.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

And how would one 'release the number '

many thanks

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Both yourself and your father need to call cs and he gives permission to transfer the number, You then speak to cs, give your new account details and take ownership of number.
You both need to be present on the same call.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7