cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly to pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm abroad and not due to be back to the UK until late June. I would like to move to pay as you go. What's the best way to do this?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Why not call on the number I gave you @Anonymous ?
It's a free call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous  What Live Chat told you is not correct. You can call customer service on the number @MI5 gave you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 32

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes @Anonymous please call rather than chat and let us know what they say.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 32

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@adamtemp64and @Anonymous

Yes I have changed to P&G from here. This was done via TU over wifi as for some reason the overseas number wasn't connecting. I used (+44 113 272 2000) direct to the Leeds call centre and no waiting time at all. Just choose the option you require. All in all around 8 minutes which would have cost around £12-15 standard rates.

It was painless and easy, a final bill produced and a sim despatched to my son's home. As said it will only be sent to a UK address via Royal Mail.

The big problem was getting it here, 18 days snail mail but it's a matter of patience. I do still have one pay monthly account purely to use TU for calls and texts back to the UK though now on a minimum tariff as I have no use for data here.

Message 24 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsiethat number you called isn't in any official contact us link. Did you just happen to have the direct number for the Leeds call centre or remember it from your days working for O2?

Either way, it was obviously easy and painless enough. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your help everyone. I'll give CS a call on the numbers provided and will let you know of the outcome.
Message 26 of 32

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsiethat number you called isn't in any official contact us link. Did you just happen to have the direct number for the Leeds call centre or remember it from your days working for O2?

It isn't but its a number I've had a long time that still gives you all the options including lost/stolen.

Message 27 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

It isn't but its a number I've had a long time that still gives you all the options including lost/stolen.

Good man...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 32

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Because I use TU on my Thai mobile I am wary that the normal overseas number would not be free. I haven't tested it to find out....

Message 29 of 32

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

You would still be calling a uk number so no charge over Tugo. Your alternative number wouldn't be free from the phone app though if tugo wasn't being used.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 32