Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly to pay and go migration

Migration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

(didn't realised I put my name as migration, thought that was the subject category)

Hi, new to all this... Looking for help!! I recently (May 10th) payed off my device plan on my o2 refresh and took a new contract with another provider (better deal, more for my money) I phoned o2 on that day to ask to close my account... To which they said a quicker way to do it is to have my pay monthly number transferred (migrated) to a pay and go sim... Should be quicker and will get a bill 14 days later... So first attempt at this... Fail!! They didn't know I had received the pay and go sim card so it wasn't put through... Ok so I thought I'd try it again...? Another week later... Still no joy spoke to o2 CS again.. Was reassured they'd do it again and it would work... However that failed again for no reason... So I'm now on my 3rd attempt at this and (14 days later) and still my Number has not changed to the pay and go sim (I brought to try speed things up instead of waiting for one to be posted out to me!!) I'm getting so frustrated with this and o2 and i am currently very glad I switched to another provider! I feel like o2 are just not bothering because I want to leave them and taking as long as they can to ensure I have to pay a full month's bill for a service I haven't even used!! Anyway it's meant to be going through tomorrow (Friday 25th) so I'm trying my hardest to wait it out... If it doesn't go through tomorrow I won't be able to do anything until Tuesday (due to Bank Holiday) coincidence?? Maybe?? Maybe not? Another 3 days service I'll have to pay for no doubt!? If anyone can help me I'd really REALLY appreciate it!! As o2 seem to be pretty useless at the moment 😕 thanks for reading... And I'll look forward to a response from anyone?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

I'm afraid only customer services can do this for you @Migration so you need to keep trying them.

Another option is for you to get your PAC and move your number off O2 to either your new contract or another network PAYG sim, which will cancel your O2 contract immediately.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

For info, customer services will be open over theweekend and bank holiday.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

I'm afraid only customer services can do this for you @Migration so you need to keep trying them.

Another option is for you to get your PAC and move your number off O2 to either your new contract or another network PAYG sim, which will cancel your O2 contract immediately.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

For info, customer services will be open over theweekend and bank holiday.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Migration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your prompt response! I wanted a new number also and don't particularly want to keep my old number but was advised 3 times that doing so would be a lot quicker then giving them my 30 days notice? I'm so fed up..  I'll just have to keep trying... Thanks for your time and help anyways  slight_smile 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can still PAC to an EE sim (for example) and then destroy the sim card.
O2 account gone and old number gone too wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4