cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly to Sim Only

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! 

I was wondering if anyone has ever 'upgraded' from pay monthly contract to a sim only contract?

Basically my contract is due to finish in March, I have a notification on my phone when I go to upgrade saying I can upgrade early for a smaller fee than my next bill. 

If I call to upgrade (on payday!) and pay the early upgrade fee- will this be the fee I pay this month instead of my bill amount? And will I be able to keep my number and move to a sim only contract for a lesser amount going forward? 

Thanks! 

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Yes, you can go sim only for a lower price and you need to change nothing.
Just call 202 and ask them to move you to your chosen tariff https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M
They will change it on the system so you just carry on using your current phone and sim card.
As you are staying they may allow you to do this one month early for no fees, so whilst speaking to the re-contract team, ask them to waive the fees.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Yes, you can go sim only for a lower price and you need to change nothing.
Just call 202 and ask them to move you to your chosen tariff https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M
They will change it on the system so you just carry on using your current phone and sim card.
As you are staying they may allow you to do this one month early for no fees, so whilst speaking to the re-contract team, ask them to waive the fees.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

graciebabe39
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can I move to a sim only while in a contract?

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@graciebabe39 wrote:

No @graciebabe39 not until you have paid off your contract I'm afraid ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions

@graciebabe39 wrote:

If on refresh, you can pay off your device plan and then change to any sim only tariff you like free of charge.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5